Be part of the I CAN Volunteer Team!
What is the I CAN Volunteer Team ?
· I CAN is a FREE group based volunteer opportunities program for individuals of all ages with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
· We offer group based volunteer events two times a month at locations around Fort Wayne.
· Volunteers of all ages participate and enjoy socialization, fellowship and the chance to give back to their community.
How much does it cost to join the I CAN Volunteer Team ?
· The program is FREE! There is no cost to join and participate in any of the events and project. The I CAN Volunteer Team is funded by a generous grant from the AWS Foundation.
Where are some of the locations where the I CAN Volunteer Team participates?
Locations vary month to month.
Past location have included:
· Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
Allen County Sheriff’s Department DNA Kit Assembly
· Coats for Kids Collection
· Community Harvest Food Bank
· Eagle Marsh/Little Rivers Wetlands Project
· Fort Wayne Parks Department
· United Way Day of Caring
· Air National Guard
· Easter Egg stuffing
· Cards for veterans
What do the letters I CAN represent?
I CAN stands for the values of
which are fundamental to the program.
For information on the I CAN Volunteer Team contact:
Phone: (260) 424-3505