3401 Lake Ave., Suite 4
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Be part of the I CAN Volunteer Team!
What is the I CAN Volunteer Team ?
- I CAN is a FREE group based volunteer opportunities program for individuals of all ages with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- We offer group based volunteer events two times a month at locations around Fort Wayne.
- Volunteers of all ages participate and enjoy socialization, fellowship and the chance to give back to their community.
How much does it cost to join the I CAN Volunteer Team ?
- The program is FREE! There is no cost to join and participate in any of the events and project. The I CAN Volunteer Team is funded by a generous grant from the AWS Foundation.
Where are some of the locations where the I CAN Volunteer Team participates?
Locations vary month to month.
Past location have included:
- Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
- Allen County Sheriff’s Department DNA Kit Assembly
- Coats for Kids Collection
- Community Harvest Food Bank
- Eagle Marsh/Little Rivers Wetlands Project
- Fort Wayne Parks Department
- United Way Day of Caring
- Air National Guard
- Easter Egg stuffing
- Cards for veterans
- Franciscan Center
- Baking treats for animals at Allen County SPCA
What do the letters I CAN represent?
I CAN stands for the values of
which are fundamental to the program.